Is your build feeling ill? It’s probably something simple:
- Do you have the jumpers set up correctly for your firmware?
- Are your socketed ICs in their proper sockets and oriented the right way around?
- Are you providing the board with 9v DC power with center pin positive?
- Did you remember to solder in the permanent jumpers for the on/off switch and volume pot?
- Check the orientation of all your soldered ICs.
- Turn your board over and go over it carefully to make sure everything is soldered properly – I’ve torn my hair out because I forgot to solder one side’s legs on a 595. Very weird results!
(Encountered an issue in your build? Give me a shout and I’ll gladly add it here for the benefit of future builders.)